Saturday, December 15, 2018

Written News Story


I used the guidelines set by the Student Publication Association to write my news story.  I did my best to make the headline interesting and attention grabbing and explained it in the first paragraph. I used the  "inverted pyramid" by showing the most relevant information near the beginning of the story and the less essential information nearer to the bottom. I also used a quote (though it's from myself)! The guidelines said that quotes are a good way to keep the reader interested. I like writing the news story for the freedom and creativity, and that it differs a lot from the videos we make! Both have their positives and negatives, with the news story's positives being that I don't have to worry about all the fine details, (audio, white balance, b-roll, etc.). I think I definitely need to work on my headline skills, and packing more info into the short sentences. I do like my headline though! I think that was good. Next time I will put more research into my story and also finish it sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment