Monday, December 17, 2018

Performance Review Blog

Panorama Project
Infographic
John Wick Raccoon

(Click on the pics to enlarge them)                                                                                                 click here for a cool web site 

Jared the Landscape Man
My Projects 
So far this semester we have created a multitude of projects, including these four that you see here. The rest of the projects are all included on my behance profile: https://www.behance.net/paulialex0a8c8

Panorama Project 
For this picture, we had to turn 10 different shots into one congruent photo. We used Adobe Photoshop and it took about two weeks. It was our final photoshop project. It was definitely tough to merge the three main shots together, and I'm still not totally happy with the line created in between the second and third section. I learned how to use the eraser tool to soften lines between pictures, and I learned how to use the mask more effectively. My original idea wasn't to have three distinct sections, but that's really where the project took me.
Panorama Project 
Jared was really fun to make! This was our first photoshop project that wasn't a tutorial. I went kind of nuts with the layer mask tool, really filling everything except for his face. Plus I used lines and learned how to use the warp tool to give him a cool tattoo. It was definitely hard to make his shirt look good with the mountain and the trees, but using adjustment layers solved that problem and I'm super happy with how it looks now.
John Wick Raccoon
We made this raccoon in Adobe Illustrator. It was super tough and following the tutorial was difficult. It took a while, at least two weeks, and some of the shapes took me a solid class period to make them look right. The only change I made to this one was adding Tilted Towers in the back and adding a joke about the main man Voiceover Pete! I really learned a lot about the direct selection tool doing this one.
Infographic
I made this project about Sporting KC in Illustrator. It was VERY pen tool heavy. I think I worked for two whole days just trying to learn the tool, but now I'm so much better at it. This has been one of the longest projects we've done because of the research we had to do first. It is about a topic I love though, so I am happy! My challenge was creating graphics that were my own, not copying others's. 

My Time in Class
I am an easily distracted person, and sometimes I could get off task, but I really think I worked hard this year. When I was done and had time, I would go back and add fun things to my projects to spice them up a bit! I also put a lot of work into my projects, and really tried to make the, look good! Not like a bad student's party. I even stayed during lunch a few times to finish up what I was working on. 

Strengths and Weaknesses
I think I'm fairly creative, and I work great with other people! However sometimes I don't like to overcome problems myself, and instead run to others more knowledgeable. I need to learn to solve my own problems.

Summary
I loved the creativity this semester. I could add my own spin on many of the projects, and I really enjoyed making it all my own! I also really liked sitting back after a project, and looking at all my hard work and the way it turned out.
One thing I would've changed is turning in my blogposts sooner.
One goal I'd like to work on for next semester is my layout design. My spacing is not always the best, and I find myself with too much negative space. I just want to utilize that layout a little bit better. 
I'm very happy with this semester, my grade, and the work that I've completed. I'm excited to keep using Illustrator next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment