Saturday, December 15, 2018

Advance Feature Story


     For our second feature story, Logan, Carson and I wrote a story on the graphic design class here at ONW. We interviewed Mrs. Beaudoin, Drew Sappingfield, and Roman Clark about the basics of the class, as well as what they are all gaining from it. We started by writing our 21 questions to ask each interviewee and also began to brainstorm locations for filming (the interviews, b-roll, etc.).
    I was in charge of writing the questions and conducting the interviews, but I also did all of my own editing. I felt a little rushed during this project and actually didn't get my editing done in time but I did finish it and turn this project in a day after. I learned how to overcome the obstacle of the tripods not working and I also learned that my Apple earbuds plugged in to my phone work great as a mic. I thought the sound quality turned out really well! I'm still not too sure how the e-comm provided mics work, and how to sound check them, but that's something that I think I'll pick up on future projects. Our team collaborated well, and we never really had to butt-heads on anything. The project and all of our teamwork flowed very smoothly.
    One thing I tried to focus on for this feature story was our b-roll. I wanted to have interesting and captivating clips that helped the whole story. I did my best to utilize the six-shot-sequence, and I think it turned out well! Next time, I wouldn't record footage in the sound room. The audio there is fantastic! However, the lighting and focus is not great.
     Overall, the project isn't too bad! Our interviews turned out a lot better than my last feature story, and we have real b-roll now!







No comments:

Post a Comment