Sunday, February 17, 2019

Music Video


     For this music video, we chose "Bet on it" by Zac Efron from High School Musical. The theme of this production is very angsty. Troy Bolton--(portrayed by Efron, and by me in this recreation)--shifts from very sad to a little angry and determined. We really tried to capture this with the facial expressions and also the setting and actions throughout the video.
     We did more pre-production work for this project than for any project in the past, yet we finished this prep very quick and it went smoothly. This work was completed with a "submission checklist". We finished a 3 page project sheet, set ourselves a timeline, created a beat sheet, story-boarded the entire video, printed the song lyrics, and prepared to film at Shawnee Mission Park! There was just one problem... mother nature. Twice we wanted to go film, but just couldn't because of the weather. Once we even drove all the way out, just to film for about an hour and just quit because it was too cold to hold the camera steady. We eventually had a decent saturday... and our camera died!! We went out to film the next weekend and finished up what we had left, but sadly that caused a few continuity errors, (frozen lake, clouds in the sky, snow on the ground), but all in all it wasn't too bad. When we were totally done filming we began editing. Our editing didn't take too long since there were no crazy effects or edits that went into it, and we finished a day before the deadline!
      I ended up being the actor in my group and I learned that choreography is very hard, especially if you're like me and have no dancing ability at all! I also did a little editing, as did the rest of my group.  After finishing this project, I learned to make sure our camera battery is fully charged, and also to be constantly checking the weather. I do think we did a great job of sticking to the script, and making sure our shots represented the original video well! I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out, except for watching myself! :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment