Thursday, October 4, 2018

Pop Art Project



.
 For this pop art design, I started by giving myself a good canvas to work with. I found an image of a nice pink and blue background online, but to make it my own I added the hexagonal photoshop filter to the colors and I used the brush tool to give it a unique paint splatter design that I find nice to look at. The background may be a little busy but I think it fits the theme of the picture, and sort of resembles the colorful works of James Rosenquest. I didn't have a set color scheme necessarily, but I used many of them and made the product very colorful. The four squares were my attempt at a repeating theme. I used a multitude of different photoshop tools during this project, including adjustment layers and layer masks. The adjustment layers were helpful because it made sure that the many colors didn't clash too awkwardly together, and helped blend the buildings into the background. I added the bright layer around the subject to really make him "pop" out. (Haha. Get it? Because it's "pop" art. Classic) The biggest weakness in this project in my opinion is his face. I couldn't figure out a way to make it fit! Putting the filter on it lost all sense of it being a human, but leaving it as the original looked super awkward against the rest of the piece. I tried to settle for something in the middle but I still don't think it looks perfect. All in all I don't think this one is too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment