Sunday, October 14, 2018

Panorama Narrative

Click to view in full
         This panorama is representative of my trip to the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. I went over the summer in 2018. It was absolutely beautiful. We drove for about 8 hours from our lovely Olathe Ks, through Nashville and Knoxville and into a really cool cabin. The drive took a very long time but spending time just talking to my family was actually really fun! I even drove part of the way! Some roads were super cool to drive through, as they were cut right through rock. It was like driving through mountains but they were forests instead! After driving through countless small towns and even a few large ones, we finally made it to Pigeon Forge. It was a quaint little town, with a lot of shops, but where we were going was very reserved and away from everything else. We were going into the mountains!
        The drive to our cabin was super scary. The roads were thin and there were steep drops with no guard rails, but boy was it worth it! The two pictures merged on the right were both taken at our cabin, one looking west and one facing east, with the cabin in the shot. It was a really nice place with many rooms, a pool table, a few tv's, and a hot tub! Plus we got to see a bear while driving up so that was really cool/super freaky. I spent a lot of time just chilling in the warm, pleasurable hot tub overlooking the mountains. And when my family wasn't out being activity, we would sit near the fireplace and watch some spooky movies!!
      My favorite part of the trip had to be the hiking. my family loves hiking, and that's where all of the pictures on the left 2/3's of the panorama came from. My favorite hike was when we walked on the Appalachian Trial (AT) for a tiny amount. The waterfall hike was fun but nothing beat the killer views from a trail that stretches from Georgia to Maine. I got a lot of cool pictures from that hike in particular.

I did my best to merge all 9 pictures together, but there are some spots that are obviously pretty rough. I used the eraser tool with opacity and hardness down to blend them as best I could. For the picture of me walking, I just cut myself out and feathered the layer mask. My goal was to make this all look like one distinct picture, but it ended up looking like three. I'm still fairly happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment