Friday, October 27, 2017

Color Wheel in Adobe Illustrator

First Adobe Illustrator Project.

1. Project
We were assigned with the task of creating our own color wheel in Adobe Illustrator. This color wheel had to consist of the three primary colors, red, yellow, and blue; as well as the three secondary colors, orange, green, and violet. It also had to contain the tertiary colors of yellow-orange, yellow-green, blue-green, blue-violet, red-violet, and red-orange. The triangles and circle portrayed different color schemes.

2. Learnings
I learned how to use the basic tools in Adobe Illustrator, mainly focusing on colors and the shape tool. There are a lot of shortcuts that I've learned and more that can be learned in Illustrator that are helpful and allow for quicker and better finished products. I learned how important colors are in graphic design and how helpful they can be in making your project look better and more pleasing to the eye.

3. Result
I think that my final product turned out pretty well. I tried to focus on making everything symmetrical and that is one of the reasons that it looks decent. Next project, I will use my new learnings to make a more complex and better looking product. I now have basic knowledge that I can develop by the end of the quarter.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Alex. Adding a blank line between a paragraph and the next heading always looks nice. Give it a try for next time. You might also try to break your all-caps habit. :)

    ReplyDelete