Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Ball Bounce Animation




This project was an introduction to animating in Photoshop. First, we were assigned with the simple task of making a ball bounce up and down (top left). Next, we had to show forward movement by making the same ball bounce from the left side of the screen to the right (middle left). And lastly, we were told to make a "special ending" for the ball, so I did my best to create a trampoline and have the ball turn into leaves on a dead tree (bottom left).
There was not a lot of planning done for this project, I mainly just figured out what I was doing as I went. The special ending was a bit different however, I had to brainstorm different ideas and test them out until I found one that worked and looked good. 
In this project, I learned the basics of frame animation in photoshop, and different drawing techniques, such as the grass tool, and making the ball look 3D.
If I did this project again, I would spend more time planning out what I was making before making it. Changing just one thing always messed up the rest of the project. However, one thing that I would keep the same if I did this again was the ball. I feel like I did a good job of making the ball look realistic.
This was a fun project and a good intro to animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment