Monday, December 11, 2017

Logo

           I started this project by brainstorming ideas for different shapes and designs that my logo could be. Trying to come up with one solid idea that I really liked was tough, but I ended up choosing the simple shield with a banner behind it. Re-creating the shield I drew on paper in Adobe Illustrator did turn out to be a problem as I could not seem to find any shape that worked, but after a quick google search, I went with the red shape in the middle of the three circles (see B/W Ideas). I also created a banner to put behind the shield.
B/W Ideas
          After I had a rough outline, I began to test different colors. I immediately fell in love with the two-tone blue designs. I decided on a light blue outside and a dark inside because I think it makes the "A" pop a little bit more.

Color Tests

        I chose to use a shield because of the powerful connotations that it has behind it. It stands for stability, authority, and teamwork. I also decided to use a banner because it reminds me of a ribbon on a  medal that you might get after winning something. It portrays my competitiveness in sports or life in general. 
       The blues that I used represent my favorite soccer team's logo, (Sporting KC), but blue also stands for reliability and composure.

No comments:

Post a Comment